- foolishly or sentimentally amorous
- foolish; silly
a feeling of utter weariness and discontent resulting from satiety or lack of interest; boredom.
macerate – verb (used with object)
- to soften or separate into parts by steeping in a liquid
- to soften or decompose (food) by the action of a solvent
- to cause to grow thin
anglophile – noun
- a person who is friendly to or admires England or English customs, traditions, etc.
I am a self-proclaimed anglophile and have admired the Brits (and their culture, literature, music, etc.) from the ripe young age of 11. I first discovered the word anglophile in an 8th grade english class and was quick to use it in a sentence – I am an anglophile.
“Where did this all start?” you might ask. Here are two pictures as pictures are all we need here:
Do you have any favorite English books, artists, television shows, or… well, anything?
As an ailurophile, I would love to have THIS kindle in my house!
ailurophile – noun
- a person who likes cats; a cat fancier
extirpate – transitive verb
- to pull by the stem or root
- to destroy completely
- to remove by surgery
It was imperative that Harry extirpate Voldemort before Voldemort extirpated the entire world.
pandiculation – noun
- the act of stretching oneself cats love to pandiculate every chance that they get.
- Nothing says Merry Christmas quite like this – yikes!
dystopia – noun
a society characterized by human misery, as squalor, oppression, disease, and overcrowding.
as opposed to…
utopia – noun
- an imaginary island described in Sir Thomas More’s Utopia (1516) as enjoying perfection in law, politics, etc.
- (usually lowercase) an ideal place or state.
- (usually lowercase) any visionary system of political or social perfection.
Okay, why do Metal bands have the BEST names?!
Apostasy – noun
a total desertion of or departure from one’s religion, principles,party, cause, etc.
gestalt – noun
- a configuration, pattern, or organized field having specific properties that cannot be derived from the summation of its component parts; a unified whole.
- an instance or example of such a unified whole.