macerate – verb (used with object)
- to soften or separate into parts by steeping in a liquid
- to soften or decompose (food) by the action of a solvent
- to cause to grow thin
Thank you to Stephanie at Misprinted Pages for nominating me for this award! ALSO, I know that many months ago Becoming Madame nominated me, as well, only I didn’t discover until quite recently that there are some things that I’m supposed to do after being nominated. So, my apologies for the obscene delay, Becoming Madame!
Both of these ladies maintain very impressive blogs, so I’m beyond honored that they read and follow mine… and enjoy it enough to nominate me for this award. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post. Misprinted Pages & Becoming Madame – check ’em out!
- Share seven things about yourself (see below).
- Pass this award along to 15 or 20.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Seven factoids about me:
- I work for a publishing company (IDG Enterprise), though my day-to-day job has nothing to do with writing or editing, I contribute to one of our websites – ITworld.com – and will hopefully be doing so with more regularity in the not-so-distant future!
- I am a vegetarian. I don’t like to eat anything that has had its own experiences. I think too much about…. everything…. so, it’s really difficult for me to divorce my brain from what’s going into my stomach.
- Besides writing and reading, my most consistent love throughout my life has been CATS! They’re wonderful, beautiful little creatures and I share my dwelling with three of their finest.
- I love the desert. I find no natural setting more beautiful.
- I adore Sylvia Plath. I love her oh-so-much that I have her signature tattooed on my back. I am debating adding a 2nd Sylvia Plath inspired tattoo to my body in the future, as well. Other literary tattoos on my body: one of the bunnies from Watership Down and COMING SOON a Charles Bukowksi bird drawing
- I refuse to kill insects. We had an ant problem last year and, until I figured out some natural way to stop them from coming into the house, I swept them up into a dustpan and put them in the backyard.
- I’m attempting to write a zombie story that doesn’t suck. Yes, I like zombies. Yes, I am *obsessed* with The Walking Dead TV series and am going to even check out the graphic novels, despite the fact that I typically abhor graphic novels.
Awesome blogs that I love (in no particular order):
- Misprinted Pages
- The Tudor Tutor
- Confessions of a Common Reader
- Books and Bowel Movements
- Boston Book Bums
- Becoming Madame
- No Charge Bookbunch
- Acid Free Pulp
- Sarah Over the Moon
- Book Addictions
- Book Club Babe
- History is made at night
- Fyrefly’s Book Blog
- A Soul’s Walk
- Reading through the BS
I’ll be making my “HEY! I love your blog!” comments over the weekend, but, in the meantime, I highly recommend scoping out all of the above blogs. Most of them are book related, but there are a few in there that are not. Expand your mind! And thank you, again!
A weekly round-up of stories, reviews, lists, and, well, anything about books, words, and literature! Enjoy! AND if you’d like me to cover anything that you post on your own blog, please feel free to reach out to me at: email@example.com